WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT OR TARDY FROM SCHOOL
1. Please phone the Attendance Office at 716-937-9116 ext. 3111. There is an answering machine available if you would like to report you child absent the night before.
2. When your child returns to school a writtenn note stating the reason for absence needs to be delivered to the attendance office.
3. If your child comes to school late please have them enter the building through the Park Street entrance. He/ he/she she should report to the attendance office with a note stating their name, the date, and reason why they are tardy. If a parent phones in, they must still send a note with their child when
Attendance Calling Procedure for Possible COVID-19
When a family calls to inform that a student will be out sick the following questions will be asked in compliance with Erie County Department of Heath guidelines
- Has (enter students name) had any symptoms associated with COVID-19? Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea?
- Has (enter students name) received a positive COVID-19 test result in the past 14 days or awaiting results of a COVID-19 test?
- Has (enter students name) been in close contact with anyone known to have a COVID-19 infection within the last 14 days or awaiting results of a COVID-19 test or wo has had symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Has (enter students name) traveled out of state to areas with required quarantine periods upon return to New York State?
- Does (enter students name) have a temperature of 100 degrees or higher today
If ANY of the above questions are answered with YES, inform the family that the Nurse will contact them shortly with further NYS DOH guidance.
If ALL off the above answers are NO, the student may return to school on their next scheduled day.
ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL
The parent/guardian is requested to call the attendance office (716) 937-9116 ext. 3111 whenever their student is absent from school. The attendance clerk will call the parent/guardian when a student is absent. Students who are chronically late or absent may be required to submit a medical excuse from a doctor when they return to school. If the requested medical excuse from a doctor when they return to school. If the requested medical excuse is not submited within three days of his/her return to school, the absences will be considered unexcused.
If a parent phones in, they must still send a note the next time they attend school. An absence will not be considered excused unless a note is given to the Attendance Clerk.