Reminder - Parents/Guardians please bring a government issued ID with you when registering your child/children in order to be admitted into the building.
Students new to the Alden Central School District should register as soon as possible.
Special Note for the 2020-2021 School Year:
If you are registering a Kindergarten student or applying for the UPK program we are excited to announce that the registration will now be done online using the FamilyID system. More information regarding FamilyID and setting up an account if you do not have one can be found at FamilyID
* Families who live in the Alden Central School District and are:
- Sending their child/children to a parochial/private school are to submit a busing request packet to our Central Registrar, Dorothy Szymanski.
- Home Schooling their child/children are to:
- Contact our District Clerk, Tracy Rogers at 716-937-9116 ext. 4171
- Fill out and submit a residency verification packet to our Central Registrar, Dorothy Szymanski.
Please be sure to include copies of the following items with your completed registration packet:
- Birth Certificate - for each child
- Immunization Records - for each child
- Current Physical - must be within 1 year of enrollment date - for each child
A Continuity of Care Document isn't acceptable as a physical per New York State.
- Custodial Documentation (if applicable) - Foster parents please include a copy of your LDSS-2999 Form - for each child
- Two (2) forms of proof of residency; these can include any of the following:
Proofs from the current year can be:
- Driver's License
- Voter Registration Card
- Property Tax Bill
Proofs from the Last 30 Days can be:
- House Deed
- Sale Contract
- Utility Bill
- Notarized Landlord Affidavit
- Real Estate Statement
- Lease Agreement
- Homeowner's Agreement
- Mortgage Statement
- Bank Statement
- Current Rent Receipt
New Student Packets
The busing request packet is to be used by families who:
* Live in the Alden Central School District
* Are sending their child/children to a parochial/private school, for example St. John the Baptist School in Alden.
* Requesting transportation to the parochial/private school
The residency verification packet is to be used by families who live in the Alden Central School District and who will be home schooling their child/children. Families who intend to home school their child must contact our District Clerk, Tracy Rogers at 716-937-9116 ext. 4171.
We will request school records from your former school. However, please feel free to provide your own copies of your student's most recent report card and any Special Education Records, IEP or Psychological Reports (if applicable).
Please Note:A completed registration form alone does not constitute registration. A completed packet must be received along with the documentation outlined above.Prior to starting school the medical information MUST be turned in.
The school nurse will contact the parent/guardian if there is anything medically that needs to be updated or if there's a health question.Please refer to the Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance file in order to see if your child meets the Department of Health requirements.