Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK)
Alden CSD is excited to continue offering our tuition-free UPK program for the 2022-2023 school year to residents of the Alden CSD. Some important things to know:
In order to be eligible for the 2022-2023 UPK Program:
- The child's family must reside in the Alden Central School District
- The child must turn 4-years of age on or before December 1, 2022.
- Need help determining your child's age? Click here
- Be sure to use 12/1/2022 in calculation.
- A completed registration packet and all required paperwork must be submitted to the central registrar for the child to be considered for the program.
About the UPK Program:
- Alden CSD collaborates with community preschool providers World of Wonders and Imagination Station for our UPK experience.
- UPK classrooms are housed at Alden Primary School and Imagination Station.
- UPK runs Monday- Friday each week and follows the school district calendar.
- Approximate time of the program are full day: 9am-3pm
- Parent transportation is required for UPK.
- The total number of students selected in any given year is predicated upon the availability of the New York State funding. If there are more applicants than available spaces, all names will be entered into a random lottery process. The lottery is typically held in late April/early May. The district cannot guarantee that a child will be selected to participate in the UPK program. Those not selected will be placed on a waiting list.
Click here for important registration deadlines and information
- Registration packets can be accessed in a variety of ways:
- click the link above
- E-mail our school registrar, Dorothy Szymanski at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call (716) 937-9116 x 4200
- Send completed registration packets and all required paperwork to:
- Dorothy Szymanski at: email@example.com
- Mail to: Alden Central School District, Attn: Central Registrar, 13190 Park St, Alden, NY 14004
Copies of the following documents are to be submitted with your application/registration:
* Birth Certificate
* Immunization Records
* NYS Health Examination Form (must be within 1 year of enrollment date)
* Custodial Documentation (if applicable) - Foster parents please include a copy of your LDSS-2999 Form
* Two (2) proofs of residency are required. (Examples of acceptable proofs of residency are listed on the application cover sheet.)
Important Timeline/Dates to Remember:
- If interested, please sign up for the Mailing list ASAP.
- January 19, 2022: Open House for UPK
- February 1,2022: Registration packets (and all required paperwork) due
- Late February 2022: Lottery for UPK will take place. Any child with a completed registration packet and required paperwork will be included in the lottery drawing.
- March 2022: families will be notified of acceptance into program or placement on a waiting list.
Check back for updates!
If you need additional information, please contact:
Jill Sengbusch, UPK Coordinator