The Greenfields - Volunteer Requirements
Niagara Lutheran Health System
Requirements for Volunteers
Thank you for working with us!
Volunteers are integral to the well being of our residents and staff – we need you! NY State has a few regulations that must be followed and some required documents before you can begin. All volunteers must be a minimum age of 16, serve a minimum of 20 hours, and adhere to our dress code.
FIRST: Please fill out and submit the application form to the address below.
After the application is received, you will be contacted and given a date to have a health assessment and to attend orientation.
You must have all of these items with you at the time of the health assessment:
- A copy of a recent physical
- A note from your physician stating you are able to volunteer without restrictions
- Immunization records of MMR vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella):
- Proof of 1 MMR vaccination or titre (MMR) if born prior to 1/1/57
- Proof of 2 MMR vaccinations or titre (MMR) if born after 1/1/57
- Proof of flu shot (or you will need to wear a mask that we will supply, as required by the DOH). Documentation needs to include:
- Date of vaccination
- Name of individual who ordered or administered the vaccine
- Business address of individual who ordered or administered the vaccine
- Proof of PPD (given within in one month). If unable to receive a PPD due to known history of tuberculosis or positive reaction to the PPD test in the past, you are required to provide a copy of your last chest x-ray report completed within the past 2 years.
- Two forms of identification:
- Driver’s license (or other government issue ID)
- Social Security card
Niagara Lutheran Health System will:
- Have you complete a drug test prior to the health assessment
- Have you complete a health assessment
- Give you a PPD (Tuberculin test) and flu shot if needed/available
- Schedule you for a mandatory general orientation
- Have you sign paperwork (police background check, photo release, etc.)
Dress Code - Please do not wear these items while volunteering:
- Sweatshirts or t-shirts
- Mini-skirts, shorts
- Jeans and clothing of denim material
- Fanny packs
- Clothing with objectionable slogans
- Visible undergarments
- Chipped nail polish/nails longer than finger tip
- Hoop or dangling earrings, facial piercing
- Excessive hair ornaments
- Personal cell phone or pager, any hand-held electronic devices (IPODs, MP3 players)
GreenField Health & Rehabilitation Center
5949 Broadway, Lancaster NY 14086
(716) 684-3000 (p) - (716) 684-3380 (f)