Professionalism RubricYour Professionalism Grade is worth 20% of your marking period grade because it is important. Your ability to perform professionally in class directly relates to your readiness and future success in College and your Careers.Professionalism has 3 components:
Student Achievement is Driven by Student BehaviorOur district has articulated the following student behaviors to develop in grades K-12.
- attendance is related to participation
- 1/20th is taken for each absence
- with teacher approval, you may spend a class period worth of time outside of class on a class project to earn the point back. This requires a pre-approved plan and evidence of completion.
- supporting other students
- helping others stay focused and on task
- going out of one's way to teach another student
- working well on project teams
- making others feel comfortable
- setting and adjusting priorities
- dedicating more time to meet and overcome challenges
- taking risks and learning from failure
- asking questions that demonstrate critical thinking
Students are intrinsically motivated, independent learners. They exhibit effort and pride in their work and hold themselves accountable for their success.
Students are critical thinkers and demonstrate confidence by taking risks, asking questions, and self-advocating.
Students are able to self-reflect and set goals.
Students tolerate and accept others, treat others fairly and with respect by demonstrating positive communication and language.
- Students maintain a healthy physical and mental well-being.