General Info and Schedule
Date: July 30th, 2016 PARENT MEETING for BOYS SOCCER is August 9th at 7pm in HS Library
From: Allen Turton IV, (Varsity Coach)
To: Boys Soccer Players and Parents
Hello players and parents! This memo will serve as a reference to help us prepare for the upcoming season.
- Playing Time and Tryouts
- Varsity – best TEAM players will play the most. This is a blend of individual skills, team chemistry, attitude and work ethic during practices and games.
- JV - Target 20 minute minimum for each team member, some players may play the entire game
- Effort and attendance during practices and games
- Sportsmanship and team cooperation
- Skills and positional versatility
- Modified – target a minimum of 40 minutes per game.
- Understand that students need a chance to play to get better.
- Attitude, effort, and physical fitness will impact playing time.
- JV/Varsity Divisional Opponents: Lackawanna, Tonawanda, Springville, Holland, Eden. Non-leagues games vs Batavia, Holley, Roy-Hart, Akron, Hutch Tech, Attica, & St. Mary’s
- Modified Divisional Opponents: Depew, Cheektowaga, Starpoint, Maryvale, Tonawanda
o Varsity: Allen Turton IV, school 937-9116x4107, cell 785-7194, email@example.com
o JV: Mark Evertt, 425-8570, firstname.lastname@example.org (pending BOE approval)
o Modified: Don Snell, 771-6372, email@example.com
- Travel Soccer Coordinator: Bill Kissell, 912-9864, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alden Soccer Club President: Mike Boling, 937-6711, email@example.com
- FB – “Alden HS Boys Soccer” Group – request membership to get school soccer info
- FB – “Alden Soccer Club” Page – “like” it and get updates and info
- Alden Soccer Club Website – (https://sites.google.com/site/aldensoccerclub/) New site is coming.
- Team statistics, photos, off-season training, skill development, training, general info
- Alden Central School District Athletic Handbook (24 hour rule)
- Althetic trainer
- Boy Soccer Custom Apparel (optional)
- Uniform or dress up for game days
- Attendance at all practices and games is expected
- JV/Varsity - 8 Team and 6 Individual practices prior to a scrimmage (10 and 8 prior to a game).
- Modified – 9 practices before a scrimmage and 11 before a game.
- With prior approval, a player may be excused from a practice for a legitimate reason. Examples include: occasional work, another sport practice or game, or family function.
- These absences will affect your playing time. If something is important to you, you find time.
- There are parents willing to carpool for Varsity and JV practices. Please do not let transportation problems be an excuse. (walk or get on your bike)
- Locations for games and practices. (details on on schedule)
- Preseason Training – work up to these goals by mid-August to ensure you are in shape for the season.
o Speed – lunges, squats, toe raises, sprints, leaping over obstacles, shuttle runs
o Jog a mile in 8 minutes, jog 2 miles without stopping
o 3 sets of 20 push-ups alternating with 3 sets of 30 sit-ups
o Juggle a soccer ball 30 times with your various body parts (feet, knees, head)
- Give back – think about being a referee or assistant coach for a youth soccer team.
o The experience is good for your development as a player, young adult, employee, college applicant, and just a nice thing to do. Contact Mr. Boling at 937-6711 for info.
§ These schedules may change slightly prior to the season starting. The game dates and times on the District Athletic Web Site will be correct.
§ Always check District Athletic page for changes (weather, …).
§ Sign up for automatic notifications.
§ Varsity/JV Practices are from 3:15 – 5:30pm at the High School.
§ JV Games will be at the Robert O. Smith Park.
§ Modified Practices are from 3:15 – 5:00 at the High School.
§ Modified Games are at the High School.
§ Modified Boys travel with Modified Girls almost always.
§ Most weekday games are scheduled for 4:30 or 5:00. Saturday games are normally at 10:00 am. Be fully dressed, on the field and ready 45 minutes prior.
§ Buses are provided, and must be used, for transportation from the Middle and High Schools to the Primary School.
Boys Modified Soccer Schedule 2016
9/6 – 9/9 Tryouts/practice immediately after school (1st day of school for students)
Practices Monday through Friday from 3:30 to 5:30 (bus depart MS around 3:15)
9/19 @ Depew
9/22 VS Cheektowaga
9/28 @ Starpoint
10/1 VS Maryvale
10/7 VS Tonawanda
10/14 VS Depew
10/18 @ Cheektowaga
10/22 VS Starpoint
10/24 @ Maryvale
10/28 @ Tonawanda
Boys JV/Varsity Soccer Schedule 2016
8/15, 8/16, 8/17, 8/18 Tryouts/practices from 3:00 to 5:30 at HS
8/19, 8/22, 8/23, 8/24 … Practices from 3:00 to 5:30 at HS
8/25 VS Pembroke (scrimmage 10:00 am) report @ 9:00.
8/26 @ Iroquois (scrimmage 10:00 am) depart @ 9:00.
8/29 @ Attica (1st game) depart at 3:00
8/30 practice 3:00 to 5:30
8/31 Holley Tournament, depart 3:00
9/1 practice 3:00 to 5:30
9/2 Holley Tournament, depart 3:00
9/5 Labor Day – No practice
9/6 VS Eden
9/8 VS Springville
9/12 @ Tonawanda (5pm JV / 7pm Varsity)
9/15 VS Lackawanna
9/16 VS St. Mary’s (Varsity only)
9/19 VS Hutch Tech
9/21 VS Holland (5pm JV / 7pm Varsity)
9/24 @ Springville (10:00, depart at 8:30)
9/27 @ Eden
9/30 VS Akron
10/4 VS Tonawanda
10/6 @ Lackawanna
10/10 Columbus Day – No Practice
10/12 @ Holland (4:30pm JV / 6:30pm Varsity)
10/17 Sectional Playoffs Begin
11/5 NYS Championships
Notes: @ indicates AWAY, VS indicates HOME and games typically start at 4:30.