Rubric - Social Responsibility Letter
The Rubric – Your Score
Social Responsibility Letter
Name and Block:
- Copy this page and paste it into a Word Document.
- Self-evaluate based on the point values below. Replace the xx's with the number you think you earned.
- Print this rubric and hand it in with your letter and envelope.
- Evidence of knowledge / research / interest on the topic. (xx/15)
- Refer to a law / policy / speech / announcement / TV or Radio Interview / Website.
- Tone – respectful, professional (x/5)
- Spelling and Grammar (xx/20)
- - 1 per spelling error
- - 1 per contraction use
- - 5 non-sense wording, show no proofreading
- Business Letter Format (xx/40)
- - 2 per font mismatch
- - 2 missing date
- - 3 missing heading
- - 3 inside address
- - 3 missing or inappropriate salutation
- - 1 missing or inappropriate
- - 5 body intro
- - 5 body persuasive
- - 5 body closing
- - 3 signature
- - 7 spacing
- Length ... 200 word minimum including everything (xx/20)
- - 10 words = 1 point (try to stay below 400 words)
I will add +2 points if my evaluation matches yours.
And I'll add 5 points if you show a reply letter.