Welcome to the
Alden Middle School Library!
October Library Announcements:
New books are on display in the library! Visit the library to explore the displays.
Find a spooky book to read for Halloween. Visit the library to browse the displays, or search our Destiny Discover catalog.
- FREE BOOKS! A cart of new books (all free to a good home) is now available in the entrance to the middle school. It will be accessible whenever the office is open. These books are donations for your use! Feel free to keep them for your own library, or better yet, pass them along to another reader!
- Please remember that BrainPop is available for your use! You can access interesting videos and activities from home with internet access. Please remember that user names and passwords to all our databases and subscriptions are in your agendas. BrainPop
- Don’t forget that you have access to e-books via sora! If you have a public library card, you can also access the public library e-books. Your district user and password are all you need for sora, which can be accessed from the ditrict webpage or here sora
- Please note that sora has links for simultaneous and free reads of Harry Potter! Check out the Harry Potter at Home portal!
- Try this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Check out these free online books that you can read!
- You can apply for a public library card! link to BECPL application information
- Check out the virtual field trips I found! The link is near the bottom on the left.
- Free activity downloads from The New York Public Library: click here
- Looking for reading suggestions? Try these resources:
PLEASE KEEP READING!!!
- Destiny Discover
Tips for searching Destiny Discover
The mission for the Alden Middle and Intermediate School Libraries is to ensure that students are effective users of information and ideas.
Our Program Goals:
To provide intellectual and physical access to
information and ideas
To provide curriculum support through material selection
and cooperative planning with classroom teachers
To promote literacy and the lifelong appreciation of reading through
a variety of techniques