Frequently Asked Questions

  • What type of issues do the counselors help the students with?

    The counselors are available to help students deal with interpersonal issues related to emotional, social, family and school-related concerns. If you have specific questions regarding your student's needs, please feel free to contact the counselor directly.

    How does my child see the counselor?

    Mrs. Bonczar's and Mrs. Gavigan's offices are located within the Main Office.  Students may come to see their counselor before homeroom, in between classes, study halls and/or lunches and set up an appointment. Most students will be seen during their free periods, but if it is an urgent manner, we will see them at any point during the school day.

    My child is not doing well in school. How can I meet with his/her teachers?

    You may call your child's counselor at any time and the counselor will set up an appointment for you to meet with his/her team of teachers. Typically, team meetings occur during the school day.

    What if my child is out sick? How can we get his/her homework?

    If your child is out sick for more than 2 days, you can contact the Guidance Secretary at 937-9116 ext. 3111 and request homework from his/her team of teachers. Please call before 8:30am to request the work.

    How do I receive information on my child's progress?

    Parents/guardians are able to monitor their child's progress through the Parent Portal.  However, technology does not replace discussions and interactions with families and their teachers.  Please feel free to call about your child's progress at any time.