Guidance Home Page
Like us on Facebook - "Alden HS Guidance" - for frequent Guidance Scholarship updates and information!
Our CEEB code is 330-105
Guidance / Counseling Staff Contact Information
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Last names beginning with L-Z
Ext. 4161 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last names beginning with A-K
Ext. 4162 email@example.com
School Social Worker
Ext. 4215 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ext. 4160 email@example.com
Guidance is a service that is provided to all students in the Alden Central School District. Guidance service includes a wide range of activities (orientation, testing, individual and group counseling, college and career planning) that together comprise a comprehensive program that each student will experience. The Guidance program is conducted by school counselors with the goal of helping students realize their fullest potential. The program is an on-going, systematic effort to provide each student with the resources necessary to gain the maximum benefits of his/her educational experience at Alden Central High School.
Your school counselor will be working with you to:
- Assess your strengths and limitations
- Develop good decision making skills
- Develop positive attitudes
- Choose courses that are right for you
- Solve personal problems with family, friends, or teachers
- Learn about career options available
- Plan your post high school education
- Develop good study habits
Your counselors welcome the opportunity to talk with you and assist you.