937-9116 ext. 2347
This course outline contains important information regarding the layout of this class. It includes all of the information that you need to have a successful year in math. Please read through this course outline with your parent/ guardian. Please keep this course outline in your Math 8 binder. Thank you and have a great year!
Materials Needed: Please bring these items everyday.
- 3-Ring Binder (Purple)
- Spiral Notebook
- Loose-leaf Paper
- Scientific Calculator (TI-30X IIS Preferred) (May not be needed everyday.)
Expectations for Class:
- Be on time for class prepared with all materials.
- Be respectful, polite, and try your best everyday.
- Complete assignments on time and show all of your work.
Topics to be covered:
- Graphing Linear Equations
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Quarter grade will be based on a total point system that includes homework, review sheets, quizzes, tests, in class assignments and projects.
Tests & Quizzes:
- Will include multiple choice as well as short response questions that require writing explanations and showing work
- Partial credit can be obtained for correct procedures, even though your final answer may be incorrect due to a computational error.
- Math 8 Assessment: given in May as a measure of your knowledge in math
- Final Exam: given in June and will cover the entire year
Checked daily and counts as a grade for each quarter. You will start off with a grade of 100%. If you do not complete an assignment, 5 points will be deducted each time.
To receive the maximum credit on any homework assignment it must be:
- Complete with all work shown and instructions followed
- Handed in on time – no late homework will be accepted except in the case of absence(s)
Note: If you are absent from class it is your responsibility to see me to make up the work that was missed as soon as possible.
Note: When homework is assigned, it is due at the beginning of the next class, unless specified otherwise.
In Class Assignments & Graded Assignments:
These assignments will be worth a maximum of 100 points.
- This includes work that is done in class individually or while working with other students.
- This can also include any mini project or homework assignment that is graded.
I am available 10th period (afterschool) Monday through Friday.