5. Students apply effective skills with few, if any, observable errors in technique for the forehand stroke. Students always set up sideways to the target, demonstrating proper backswing and follow through from low to high. The ball is consistently hit under control and with accuracy.
4. Students apply effective skills with some errors in technique. Students perform forehand stroke, however demonstrate inconsistent stance, backswing, follow through and accuracy while striking.
3. Students perform skills showing some elements of correct technique, but application is ineffective and inconsistent. Students are not accurate when striking the ball and have few form errors.
2. Students attempt skills but technique is not yet sufficient, resulting in consistently ineffective performance. Students attempt to do the forehand stroke.
1. Students show little or no effort to attempt skills, resulting in consistently ineffective performance. Student cannot or is unwilling to attempt to perform the forehand stroke at all.