Available Testing Accomodations
- Testing Accommodations for English Language Learners
- Time Extension (all exams) - Any reasonable extension such as time and a half is allowed.
- Separate Location (all exams)-optimal testing environment is encouraged in either small group or individual.
- Third Reading of Listening Selection (English Language Arts State Exams Only)
- Bilingual Dictionaries and/or Glossaries - permitted for all subject areas except foreign language. Can only provide word for word translation, no definitions are allowed.
- Simultaneous use of English and Alternative Language Editions (no translation for the English Language Arts Exam).
- Writing Responses in the Native Language are allowed when using alternative language editions or oral translations. This is not allowed though with the English Language Arts Exam.
- For a more extensive version of this list, find at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/sam/secondary/home.html