Working Papers



    Alternative Process for Issuing Working Papers During COVID-19 School Closures – March 31, 2020.

    Due to the current COVID-19 school closures, new procedures for working papers have been implemented. Parents/guardians and minors must complete the appropriate application form and email it to Michelle Fox at Click here for fillable PDF versions of the AT-17 Application for Employment Certificate (most commonly used) and AT-22 Application for Employment Permit. Both of these forms allow digital signatures. You may need to download the newest version of Adobe Acrobat. Here is a link to download it

    After these forms are filled out and signed, and emailed back, a video call may be scheduled with the minor, and if required, the parent or guardian. During this video call, the minor presents required documentation. **Please note that the minor's physical must be current in our system. If it is not within the last 12 months, please email a copy back with the application**

    Once all of the documentation has been verified, Mrs. Fox will issue the working paper card and mail it to the minor. The minor should sign the card upon receipt. The requirement that the minor sign the card in the presence of the Certificating Officer is temporarily waived for the duration of New York’s COVID-19 school closures.



    The Application for Employment Certificate (AT-17) (most commonly used) and the Application for Employment Permit (AT-22) can be picked up by the student in the High School and Middle School Main Offices or printed from this webpage.  During the summer, please call for an appointment (716-937-9116 x4000) before bringing in your application.

      -          Forms AT-17 and AT-22 – Fill out Part I only  

         The parent or guardian must appear at the school or issuing center to sign the application for full-time employment, unless the minor is a graduate of a four-year high school and presents evidence thereof.  For all other certificates, the parent or guardian must sign the application, but need not appear in person to do so.

    -    The Physical Fitness Certification, Form AT-16, must be filled out by either the student’s physician, or the school nurse indicating that the student has had a physical exam within the last 12 months.

    -    Student must return both forms to the High School Main Office for the issuance of the “employment certificate”, more commonly known as “working paper”.  The student must sign the employment certificate in the presence of school personnel. 

    -       If your child is not a student at Alden Central School, but is a resident of Alden, you may still obtain the employment certificate (working paper).  However, in addition to the above mentioned forms, you must provide evidence of the student’s age (birth certificate, driver’s license).

          Please refer to the General Information sheet for further information.

Working papers.jpg

Related Files