New York State Learning Standards
Here are the Standards to which we teach to.
Standard # 1- Personal Health and Fitness: Students will have the necessary knowledge and skills to establish and maintain physical fitness, participate in physical activity and maintain personal health.
Standard #2- A Safe and Healthy environment: Students will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Standard #3- Resource Management: Students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources.
Note: If you would like more information on the New York State Standards, we would be happy to give you more information regarding the standards.
In the future we will be going to the National Standards in Physical Education.
1. Demonstrates competency in many movement forms and proficiency in a few.
2. Applies movement concepts and principles to the learning and development of motor skills.
3. Exhibits a physical active lifestyle.
4. Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
5. Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior in a physical active setting.
6. Demonstrates understanding and respects the differences among people in a physical active setting.
7. Understands that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and social understanding.