Mr. Turton's Homepage - Alden High School
Welcome to my Alden Teacher Page!Look in the left for specific course or program info .This place is about YOU!!
Consider the current lives of these former Alden students:
- Who will YOU be?
- What are you doing with with the gift of life YOU have?
- How will this world be better because of YOU?
- Alex Janas, Senior Robotics Engineer at NASA: https://ssco.gsfc.nasa.gov/propellant_transfer_technologies.html
- Adam Zyglis, Pulitzer Prize-winning American editorial cartoonist: http://buffalonews.com/2015/04/26/in-praise-of-our-own-adam-zyglis-who-won-the-pulitzer-prize-for-editorial-cartooning/
- Carlene Miller, Law Clerk at New Mexico Law Offices of the Public Defender: http://law.nd.edu/news/65157-a-year-in-london-and-beyond/
- Nick Battista, ELISS Fellow Research Assistant at UNC Chapel Hill: http://nickabattista.wixsite.com/home
- Laura McCormick, Research Technician at Dartmouth College: https://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/higgs/members/current/
- Rebecca Thompson, Freelance Literary Translator and Doctoral Student at the University of Texas at Dallas: https://about.me/thompsonrebecca
Consider making an impact every day in your career like the people in the technical fields like in this video:Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs TV Show) Testifies to Congress (Skilled Trades)#WeMakeBuffalo ... get excited about opportunities in Buffalo ...Here is a nice video showing the blend between fashion and manufacturing ...S.T.E.A.M. - Science Technology Engineering Arts & MathAre you curious?? Here are some links to interesting videos and sites ...Some Quotes to consider ..."It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
- Maya Angelou"The diversity in the faculties of men, from which the rights of property originate, is not less an insuperable obstacle to an uniformity of interests. The protection of these faculties is the first object of government."
- James Madison"Parents and schools should place great emphasis on the idea that it is all right to be different. Racism and all the other 'isms' grow from primitive tribalism, the instinctive hostility against those of another tribe, race, religion, nationality, class or whatever. You are a lucky child if your parents taught you to accept diversity."
- Roger Ebert"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong."
- Abraham Lincoln1. Problem-solving and critical thinking;"The one real objective of education is to have a man in the condition of continually asking questions."- Bishop Mandell Creighton"Be honorable yourself if you wish to associate with honorable people."We focus on developing these 7 Survival Skills for the 21st Century:
2. Collaboration across networks and leading by influence;
3. Agility and adaptability;
4. Initiative and entrepreneurship;
5. Effective written and oral communication;
6. Accessing and analyzing information; and
7. Curiosity and imagination.
Questions?? ... Email me at ATurton@aldenschools.org