Sub Calling Service
(716) 937-9116 ext 2193
- Call Brenda La Bar at the number above 24 hours a day for an emergency
- Otherwise complete a Substitute Request Form to report an absence. Please do not call during the school day unless it's an emergency (sick / family sick and you need to leave)
- If your absence is known after 1:00 PM and before 6:00 AM you may leave a voice message at the number listed above.
- The following information is REQUIRED when reporting an absence
- Your first and last name
- Date(s) of absence - Please include if AM - PM - or Full Day
- Reason for absence **I only need reason code - S, FI, BV, Mtg, etc..
- Grade level and /or subject
- Building assignment and start time (for those that travel between bldgs. - please be sure to include the correct bldg)
- Preferred sub (will attempt to reach out to first)
- If you have made your own arrangements for substitute coverage please indicate this when reporting your absence(s) and note that if you make your own arrangements for substitute coverage - the substitute service IS NOT responsible for confirmation of coverage. You will need to verify/confirm the coverage.
- ****PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO CALL OR DO THE ONLINE REQUEST EVEN IF YOUR POSITION DOES NOT REQUIRE A SUBSTITUTE.
The call in system is available 24 hours a day
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING MEETINGS/WORKSHOPS, ETC.. If you do not personally request a sub for those that you are scheduled to attend you will not have one. I also ask that you would please provide me with the dates, times and schedules for any already known needs as soon as possible. Please do not depend on team leaders or grade level chairs to request multiple substitutes as not everyone slated to attend does so.Thank youBrenda