SUPERVISOR OF TRANSPORTATION
(716) 937-9116, 4501
(716) 937-9116, 4500
Every year the Alden Central School District buses travel more than 520,000 miles in its transportation of students to and from School.
- Over 1,623 students are transported daily.
- 27 Schools are served daily.
- The District is approximately 57 square miles.
- Private/Parochial students are transported up to 15 miles from this homes or pickup point.
- Students are transported to the following Districts: Amherst, Buffalo, East Aurora, Lancaster, Maryvale, Orchard Park and Williamsville.
- Buses cover 130 different regular routes daily.
- A total of 56 people are employed by the Transportation Department.
- 51 buses, one equipment bus for band instruments, etc. and one service vehicle are maintained. Two buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts to transport out students who use a wheelchair.
Parents/Guardians are to use this form in order to request their child/children to be picked up or dropped off at a location that is different from the home address on file.
Requests submitted after July 31st and prior to the start of school, will not be implemented until the third week of September to avoid confusion at dismissal.
This registration packet is for families who live in the Alden Central School District and who are sending their child/children to a non-public, parochial or private school.
Busing requests are to go before the Board of Education for approval. Residency proofs are required before the request can go before the Board.
Please provide the following to our Central Registrar, Patricia Piegdon:
*All requested documentation outlined on the cover sheet.
*A non-public transportation request form (found on this page).
*Completed busing packet.
Packets may be submitted by regular mail, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing 716-902-2034. Feel free to call 716-937-9116 ext. 4172 if you have any questions.