SUPERVISOR OF TRANSPORTATION
(716) 937-9116, 4501
SECRETARY - TRANSPORTATION
(716) 937-9116, 4500
Every year the Alden Central School District buses travel more than 520,000 miles in its transportation of students to and from School.
- Over 1,701 students are transported daily.
- 32 Schools are served daily.
- The District is approximately 57 square miles.
- Private/Parochial students are transported up to 15 miles from this homes or pickup point.
- Students are transported to the following Districts: Buffalo, West Seneca, Amherst, Cleveland Hill, Sweet Home, Clarence, Maryvale, Iroquois, Williamsville, Depew, Kenmore-Tonawanda, Lackawanna and Orchard Park.
- Buses cover 130 different regular routes daily.
- A total of 68 people are employed by the Transportation Department.
- 58 buses, one equipment bus for band instruments, etc. and one service vehicle are maintained. Two buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts to transport out students who use a wheelchair.
- Cooperative transportation arrangements are in use with Akron, Sweethome and Lancaster, which result in less mileage traveled by all Districts involved.
This registration packet is for families who live in the Alden Central School District and who are sending their child/children to a non-public, parochial or private school.
Busing requests are to go before the Board of Education for approval. Residency proofs are required before the request can go before the Board.
Please provide all requested documentation outlined on the cover sheet along with the completed busing packet to our Central Registrar, Dorothy Szymanski. Packets may be submitted by emailing email@example.com or faxing 1-888-955-7890. Feel free to call 716-937-9116 ext. 4200 if you have any questions.