Welcome to our Universal Pre-K Page (UPK):
We are currently taking names for families who are interested having their child participate in the UPK program
during the 2021-2022 School Year
(54 is the total maximum # of students for the UPK program)
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) Program is a tuition-free program. The district’s UPK provider is located at 11197 Broadway in the Alden Primary School building.
About the Program:
- The program follows the district calendar for holidays and recesses.
- The length and number of sessions available will be determined at a later date.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from the program.
Universal Pre-kindergarten requirements:
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before December 1, 2021.
- You must be a resident of the Alden Central School District.
- Each family is to signup for the UPK Mailing List in order to receive updates regarding the UPK Program and the registration process. (A valid email address is required. Article on how to set up a free Outlook Account)
Copies of the following documents are to be submitted with your application/registration:
* Birth Certificate
* Immunization Records
* NYS Health Examination Form (must be within 1 year of enrollment date)
* Custodial Documentation (if applicable) - Foster parents please include a copy of your LDSS-2999 Form
* Two (2) proofs of residency are required. (Examples of acceptable proofs of residency are listed on the application cover sheet.)
Need help dertermining if your child will be old enough for the program?
- Go to Age Calculator
- Enter your child's date of birth in the space provided
- Enter 12/01/2021 in the age at this date space
- Click submit
- If your child is 4 years old by 12/1/2021 you may apply for the program.