Universal Pre-Kindergarten 2023-2024 School Year
Thank you for your interest in the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program through the Alden Central School District. Registration for the 2023-2024 UPK school year is open.
A parent information night to learn more about our UPK program will be held on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, at 6 pm in the Alden High School Auditorium.
ABOUT OUR UPK:
- UPK offers a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate experience for our students.
- The program runs Monday through Friday each week and follows the district calendar.
- Parents are required to provide transportation to and from the program.
- The Alden Central School District collaborates with community partners to provide this program and locations are identified in the winter for the upcoming school year.
- For the 2023-2024 school year we will be offering full-day UPK for 6 hours a day. The exact start and end times have yet to be finalized for the 2023-2024 school year.
- It is a tuition-free program funded through a New York State Education Department grant. There is limited availability based on this funding. There are approximately 70 slots available for the 2023-2024 school year. If more children apply than there are available slots, the district will hold a random selection lottery the first week of March 2023. Families with multiple children eligible for UPK will be entered into the lottery as one application. When the application of a family of multiples is drawn in the lottery, all children will be offered a UPK slot.
- Before and after-school childcare may be available through the community partner for an additional fee. Registering for the UPK program does not guarantee you wrap-around care. Families must register for additional childcare with the provider once a UPK placement has been determined.
- A child who resides within the Alden Central School District attendance area.
- A child who will be four years old on or by December 1, 2023. The child's birthday must fall between December 2, 2018 and December 1, 2019.
- A child who is age-eligible to attend kindergarten is NOT eligible for the UPK program.
- Print the application here.
- Request an application by emailing your name, phone number, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 716-9116 ext. 4172.
Parents or guardians need to:
- Complete the application
- Provide copies of the following required documents:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's current Physical and Immunization record (dated within 1 year of the registration date)
- Two proofs of residency
Drop off or mail completed packets to:
Attention: Patti Piegdon, Central Registrar
Alden Central School District
13190 Park Street
Alden, NY 14004
The completed registration packet and all required paperwork must be turned in to our Central Registrar's office no later than March 1, 2023.
All students registered by March 1, 2023, will be eligible for the lottery.
UNIVERSAL PRE-KINDERGARTEN TIMELINE:
- Parent information night, January 25, 2023, at 6:00 pm.
- All registration paperwork is due by March 1, 2023.
- Parents/guardians will be notified of a UPK OR waitlist placement around March 10, 2023.
- Acceptance of a UPK slot will be due to the district by March 31, 2023.