Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK)
Click Here to access Information presented at UPK Information Night
Students who submit a registration packet will be placed on a wait list for placement into the UPK program for the 22-23 school year.
Important Timeline/Dates to Remember:
- If interested, please request a registration packet from our Central Registrar: 716-937-9116 x4172.
- Summer 2022: families who submit applications for the 22-23 school year UPK program will be placed on a waiting list.
- August 23, 2022: UPK Family Information Night: Times TBD. Check back, as the site will be updated with times when they are confirmed. Families will be invited to attend information night at the site where their student will be attending UPK to learn more about the program.
- September 1, 2022: First day of UPK! UPK follows the district calendar.
Schedule for the 2022-2023 School Year:
UPK at World of Wonders Preschool (in Alden Primary School): 8:15am-2:15pm.
UPK at Imagination Station will be 8:40am-2:40pm
Alden CSD is excited to continue offering our tuition-free UPK program for the 2022-2023 school year to residents of the Alden CSD. Some important things to know:
In order to be eligible for the 2022-2023 UPK Program:
- The child's family must reside in the Alden Central School District
- The child must turn 4-years of age on or before December 1, 2022.
- Need help determining your child's age? Click here
- Be sure to use 12/1/2022 in calculation.
- Proof of residence and copy of birth certificate must be submitted to the central registrar for the child to be considered for the program.
About the UPK Program:
- Alden CSD collaborates with community preschool providers World of Wonders and Imagination Station for our UPK experience.
- UPK classrooms are housed at Alden Primary School and Imagination Station.
- UPK runs Monday- Friday each week and follows the school district calendar.
- Approximate time of the program are full day: 9am-3pm
- Parent transportation is required for UPK.
- The total number of students selected in any given year is predicated upon the availability of the New York State funding. If there are more applicants than available spaces, all names will be entered into a random lottery process. The lottery is typically held in late April/early May. The district cannot guarantee that a child will be selected to participate in the UPK program. Those not selected will be placed on a waiting list.
The deadline for applications has passed. Registration packets can still be submitted, but students will be placed on a waiting list.
- Registration packets can be accessed in a variety of ways:
- click the link above
- E-mail our school registrar, Patti Piegdon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call (716) 937-9116 x 4172
- Send completed registration packets and all required paperwork to:
- Patti Piegdon at: email@example.com
- Mail to: Alden Central School District, Attn: Central Registrar, 13190 Park St, Alden, NY 14004
Copies of the following documents are to be submitted with your application/registration:
* Birth Certificate
* Immunization Records
* NYS Health Examination Form (must be within 1 year of enrollment date)
* Custodial Documentation (if applicable) - Foster parents please include a copy of your LDSS-2999 Form
* Two (2) proofs of residency are required. (Examples of acceptable proofs of residency are listed on the application cover sheet.)
Check back for updates!
If you need additional information, please contact:
Jill Sengbusch, UPK Coordinator